Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner Training with Foundation Exam
Manage projects more efficiently and effectively with the Agile Project Management methodology. This course bundle introduces would-be project managers to Agile concepts, before taking them through basic and advanced principles, preparing them to sit both Foundation and Practitioner level exams.
The Agile Project Management course and Foundation Exam is best suited to:
- New project managers who work in organisations that use Agile and need to improve their own knowledge.
- Agile project team members who want to better understand their role.
- Project managers who need to cross-train from another methodology.
- Consultants who need documented proof of their Agile experience.
- Individuals who are cross-training for a role in project management and need a qualification to open new employment options.
Principally designed for the engineering, IT and new product or service development industries, the Agile project management framework takes an iterative and incremental approach to the management and build process. The Agile Project Management course will show students the key concepts of the framework and how they are applied to real-world projects to boost success rates and increase efficiency.
The ultimate goal of this course is to help students sit and pass both Foundation and Practitioner level qualifications.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the Agile Project Management course is delivered online via the learning platform. This systems allows students to have access to content anyplace anytime, so they can study whenever and wherever is most convenient for their needs.
A series of flash cards allow learners to test their understanding, and a number of practical scenarios in each module can be used to practice common responses, or to see how the framework can be applied to real world scenarios. Students can discuss topics with other learners using our social network, adding another learning channel by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The Agile Project Management course and Foundation exam is designed to help individuals with little or no project management experience get started quickly. Initially students will look at the Foundation-level principles of Agile, covering topics like:
- The concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development.
- The philosophy, approach and principles of Agile project management.
- Understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products.
- Recruiting or assembling appropriate project teams.
- How to plan and run a facilitated workshop.
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution to ensure that the correct development path is being followed.
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements for deliverables.
- Create a timeboxed plan that keeps the project on track.
- Understanding the importance of negotiation and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure continued progress.
- How to set up and manage an Agile project using the framework.
Agile Practitioner Qualification:
- Overseeing products and deliverables and properly assigning responsibility to management, business and technical departments.
- Structuring and empowering project teams for maximum success and efficiency.
- Using MoSCoW prioritisation to ensure deliverables are completed in the correct order.
- Advanced estimating, measurement and configuration considerations for successful Agile management.
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for deliverables.
- Implementing quality control to maintain standards.
- Preparing for the future by considering maintainability and scalability during planning.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Project Managers have the skills, knowledge and experience required to successfully manage a project using the Agile framework. Students will also be fully prepared to sit and pass both Foundation and Practitioner level Agile qualification exams.
Individuals completing this course will benefit from:
- Sufficient training and understanding to pass the Agile qualification exams and become a registered AgilePM® Practitioner.
- Improved performance either working as part of, or leading Agile project teams.
- Improved project outcomes for employers and customers.
- Improved employment prospects, either through internal promotion, or elsewhere within the project management industry.
- Foundation and Practitioner e-learning gets Category C - 28 PDUs
The Agile Project Management course is an essential step towards AgilePM® Registered Practitioner status. This course is also a cost-effective choice for would-be project managers who want to study the Foundation and Practitioner level materials concurrently.
The Agile Foundation exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions, which must be answered within one hour. Candidates must get at least 30 questions correct for a score of 50% or higher, if they are to pass the exam and earn their Foundation qualification.
Although delivered online, the exam is overseen by a remote invigilator or proctor who ensures that exam conditions are maintained. Students will have their knowledge of Agile project management techniques tested to ensure that they understand the foundational principles of the Agile framework and how they are applied to real-world projects.
The Agile Foundation examination is available in the following languages:
After scoring at least 30 marks, candidates will get instant confirmation of their Agile Foundation qualification. Armed with the Agile Foundation certificate, project team members will:
- Be better able to participate as a member of a project team that operates according to Agile principles.
- Be better able to apply the Agile project management framework to company projects, raising standards and success rates accordingly.
- Be able to provide basic Agile methodology guidance to colleagues or third parties.
- Have the skills and experience required to work as part of an Agile project team, or secure a job elsewhere in the sector.
AgilePM® is a registered trade mark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd.All rights reserved.
AgilePM and the 'APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo' are trademarks of The APM Group Limited.
- Introduction to Agile
- Agile Project Management - The Basics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- Pre-Project and Foundation Phases and Products
- Evolutionary Development Deployment and Post-Project Phases
- Techniques and Practices
- Agile Control
- Agile Planning
- Exam Preparation
This Course has a PDU (Professional Development Units) Value of 25.
Outline of the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements.
Category B – Continuing Education offered by a University/college/training organisation not registered with PMI Category C – Self-Directed Learning
How long do PDUs last?
To maintain your qualification, you will need to claim your PDUs in the three-year cycle in which they were earned.
What proof might PMI need of my PDUs?
PMI spot-check entries for their CCRS program and so may check that you are eligible for the PDUs claimed. PMI may check up to 18 months after the end of your CCRS cycle. You should retain the following as proof of your course attendance: Course Brochure/Outline, Registration/Joins letter, Certifications earned, Training Organisation details and Trainer qualifications.
How many PDUs do I need?
Depending on the PMI qualification you are supporting, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP and PMI-SP require 30 PDUs. PMP has a limitation in that only 30 PDUS per cycle may be claimed for Self-Directed Learning.
How else can I earn PDUs?
PDUs can be claimed for other areas such as, Creating New PM Knowledge, Volunteer Service and even Working as a PM Professional. There are limitations. Please see https://ccrs.pmi.org/ for up-to-date information.
Use the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org/ to register your PDU’s. Log-in using your PMI credentials and register your PDU's gained under the following categories which E-career’s courses are aligned to:
Education: Category C - Self-Directed Learning (via e-learning) *Restricted to a maximum of 30 PDU’s per 3-year certification cycle)
The PMI’s scheme requirements state that each hour of professional development undertaken is equivalent to one PDU. The activity should also be relevant to the area of expertise covered in the PMP certification.
|Online Course with Exam|
|Agile Foundation Exam.|
|Agile Project Management Foundation|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above
Safari 6 or above