Agile Project Management Practitioner Exam
Master the fundamental elements of Agile project management with this introductory course. Containing everything required to learn how the Agile project management framework to real-world projects, students will be fully prepared to sit and pass the included certification exam.
Using the DSDM Atern framework as a basis, the Agile Project Manager course is best suited to:
- Project Managers overseeing software development activities.
- PRINCE2 certified professionals who need to understand how those techniques are applied to software development projects.
- Employees involved in software development projects who need to better understand the application of Agile techniques.
- Line managers and software developers who have recently been promoted to oversee software development projects.
- Any individual wanting to cross train into a software development project management role.
As a practical course, learners will discover the theory behind the Agile framework, as well as pointers for applying these techniques to their own projects. From the basic principles of fundamentals and philosophy through to the day-to-day application of MoSCoW and timeboxing to ensure timely completion of deliverables, students will be fully prepared to work in an Agile project management environment.
The Agile Project Management course is delivered via the online learning platform, using a combination of videos, electronic manuals and quizzes to ensure every concept is fully understood before moving on to the next topic. Available 24x7x365, learners have complete control of their study, so they can fit training around their other responsibilities.
Key Learning Points
Designed to ensure that learners have all the necessary skills and tools required to successfully manage a project using the Agile framework, the Agile Project Management course comprises of three modules and an exam.
The syllabus covers every aspect of the Agile Project Management process with modules covering:
- The fundamentals and philosophy that underpin the Agile methodology and how that then governs a project.
- How to prepare for a new project that will be managed using Agile.
- Understanding the Agile project lifecycle and the intended products.
- The different types of project team structures and how to choose the right for a specific development.
- Defining and assigning the various project roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding the importance of project team communication and building frameworks to support it.
- The use of MoSCoW and Timeboxing techniques to keep projects running to plan.
- Configuring a lifecycle and the metrics required to measure progress.
- Accurate estimation and measurement techniques used for planning before the project begins, and assessing the quality of each deliverable.
- Building quality and maintainability into project plans and deliverables.
- Planning for, and controlling, risk at every point of the project.
The Agile Practitioner examination is available in the following language:
Advantages of this course
By completing the Agile Project Management course, students will properly understand the AgilePM® philosophy, and how to apply the framework to real world projects. Once finished and qualified, participants will benefit from:
- A practical understanding of applying Agile project management to software development.
- The leadership and management skills required to lead a development team and deliver high quality software.
- Improved employment prospects – either internal promotion or a project management role elsewhere.
Upon completion of the Agile Project Management course and accompanying certification exam, students will be fully qualified according to the Agile standard. They will then enjoy the option of being able to work anywhere in the world on any project that uses the Agile management framework.
AgilePM® is a registered trade mark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd.All rights reserved.
AgilePM and the 'APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo' are trademarks of The APM Group Limited.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above
Safari 6 or above